Travelling on foot or by bicycle, children and adults arrived early at the aid distribution center. The provisions were a godsend to parents living on the poverty line with their children. When the children received the brand-new uniforms and schoolbags, their faces lit up with joy; the volunteers hope that the gifts will empower the children in their education. Each bag contained a notebook, pencils, eraser and ruler – the stationery that every student needs. Since a good education requires cleanliness outside as well as inside, the volunteers gave free haircuts to 219 boys and girls. They wanted to give them a fresh start on their long academic journey.
- Foundation Conducts First Major Distribution in Chile
- Volunteers Return to Isolated Village in Bolivia
- Tzu Chi Volunteers Visit Chile after Earthquake
- Tzu Chi Relief Assessment Team Is in Chile
- Tzu Chi Takes Part in International Women’s Day at U.N.
- The Earthquake in Chile
- Volunteers to Build High School in the Dominican Republic
- Tzu Chi Receives a US$500,000 Grant from Google